Join Our Team
Air Tindi is currently looking for a SMS Coordinator. We pride our self on safety, customer satisfaction and professionalism. Together with our dedicated partnerships, passionate employees and a diversified fleet of aircraft built for the North, we remain at the forefront of on demand and scheduled services in Northern Canada.
While based in Yellowknife NT, Air Tindi has been providing services for over 35 years, across Canada and in many different capacities, including essential schedule services to Northern communities, commercial industries (mining), tourism, government, and community support services.
Fleet: de Havilland Canada Dash-7, de Havilland Canada Twin Otter, Beech King Air 250, de Havilland Canada Turbo Otter, Cessna Caravan.
Reports to the SMS Manager
The SMS Coordinator will be responsible for:
• Conduct investigations as assigned;
• Ensure compliance with all policy, procedure, standards and regulations;
• Facilitate multidisciplinary sessions to identify possible contributing factors to the event being investigated;
• Participate in data collection and analysis including the identification of trends and conducting interviews around the event to gain additional information;
• Collect information gained from the investigations process and compile it into a final report supported by facts and data;
• Work with Department managers to establish Corrective and Preventative Actions and implementation dates;
• Assist with data entry, maintenance and tracking of the company Safety Risk Profile, hazard register, investigations, actions;
• Participate in delivering company orientation program and introductory SMS training;
• Conduct Audits of various areas of the Company as assigned by the QA/SMS Manager, this will include follow ups on corrective actions;
• Participate in Corrective Actions as required;
• Assist in gathering, producing and maintaining records applicable to the SMS program;
• Other duties as required.
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree in related discipline will be considered an asset.
• Minimum of 2+ years in the aviation industry, with focus on either flight operations or maintenance
• Knowledge of WSCC policies and procedures.
• High degree of professionalism
• Strong computer literacy in programs such as Word processing, PowerPoint and Excel
• Exceptional communication, organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills;
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a busy environment;
Compensation & Perks
• Competitive Wages
• Group RRSP Matching
• Work life balance
• Interline Travel
• Health and Dental Benefits
• EFAP Employee, Family Assistance Program
• Work parties
• Stocked Kitchen
"*" indicates required fields
Interested in learning more about our aircraft?
We have a diverse fleet of turboprop aircraft capable of operating from major airports to remote locations.