Flight Coordinator – Type B (Dispatcher)
Join Our Team
Air Tindi is currently looking for Type B Flight Coordinator. We pride our self on safety, customer satisfaction and professionalism. Together with our dedicated partnerships, passionate employees and a diversified fleet of aircraft built for the North, we remain at the forefront of on demand and scheduled services in Northern Canada.
While based in Yellowknife NT, Air Tindi has been providing services for over 35 years, across Canada and in many different capacities, including essential schedule services to Northern communities, commercial industries (mining), tourism, government, and community support services.
Fleet: de Havilland Canada Dash-7, de Havilland Canada Twin Otter, Beech King Air 250, de Havilland Canada Turbo Otter, Cessna Caravan.
Reports to the Supervisor of Operational Control
The Flight Coordinator – Type B(Dispatch) will be responsible for:
• the technical aspects of flight planning and flight watch for our 705 aircraft as per Transport Canada standards.
• Handle all facets of the day-to-day flight operations
• Handle logistics planning
• Maintain the daily flight schedule
• Book flights
• Organizing and assisting with ground support for departing and arriving aircraft
• Keep relevant personnel informed with trip information
• Attending the phones/radio
• Coordinate with customers and other departments to ensure all flights depart and arrive safely.
• Other duties as required
• 21 years old, minimum with a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Successfully completed Transport Canada Dispatch exams (FDMET,FDOPS);
• Able to work shift work, including nights;
• Be a proven team player who demonstrates leadership abilities and a positive and energetic attitude when interacting with customers or coworkers;
• Able to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team, sometimes under difficult and stressful circumstances;
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
• Ability to make critical decisions with limited information;
• Solid oral and written communication skills;
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
• Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
• Previous experience in a similar role or setting will be considered an asset
Compensation & Perks
• Competitive Wages
• Group RRSP Matching
• Work life balance
• Interline Travel
• Health and Dental Benefits
• EFAP Employee, Family Assistance Program
• Work parties
• Stocked Kitchen
Interested in joining our team? Fill our form below and send us your resume to apply!
"*" indicates required fields
Interested in learning more about our aircraft?
We have a diverse fleet of turboprop aircraft capable of operating from major airports to remote locations.