Air Tindi, in partnership with its employees, strives to provide a safe and healthy work environment that exceeds both industry standards and regulatory requirements. The ultimate accountability for the functionality and constant development of the Safety Management System rests with me as the Accountable Executive. The responsibility for making our operations and workplace safe for ourselves, coworkers, customers, members of the public and company assets, lies with all employees equally. I strongly believe that safety encompasses all departments and levels of the organization.
Each manager is responsible for implementing all aspects of the company Safety Management System in their area of responsibility. All employees are responsible not only to perform their jobs in accordance with established procedures and safe work practices, but also to identify when improvements can be made to increase the safety of their work environment. This extends beyond normal working hours and for that reason, safe practices for employees during other activities are encouraged by Air Tindi. This is fundamental to our well-being as well as to the viability of our business.
One of the cornerstones of our safety culture continues to be the proactive management of identifiable risks. Front- line employees and managers must continue to be actively involved in ensuring our hazard register is continuously reviewed to prevent incidents and implement corrective actions to reduce risks. We will continue to provide employees with the required information, education and training as well as encourage involvement in our safety programs and the proactive reporting of potential safety hazards.
It is crucial for all employees to be committed to our safety beliefs by implementing our safety strategies in their everyday tasks. I trust that all of you will join me in a personal commitment not only to assist in strengthening our safety culture at Air Tindi, but also to make safety a way of life.
Accountable Executive, Air Tindi
Fundamental Safety Beliefs
Our Fundamental Safety Beliefs are:
- Our commitment to safety comes from all employees and is the core value of the way we conduct business at Air Tindi.
- Safety is directly linked to the efficiency, viability and continued success of our organization.
- Our skilled staff will be trained to work safely and will do so as a condition of employment.
- Our objective to create an incomparable safety culture shall continue to outweigh the concern of budgets.
- The quality assurance aspect of our Safety Management System is the basis of our competitive advantage.
- Teamwork and effective communication are requirements for a robust safety culture.
- By reviewing lessons learned, both internally and externally, we will be in a state of continuous improvement.
- Reporting a safety concern or hazard will not result in disciplinary action against an employee excluding cases of willful negligence, criminal intent and/ or the use of illicit substances.
Company Safety Strategy
At Air Tindi we will:
- Identify risks and manage them to the best of our ability before they become incidents or accidents.
- Address all safety issues through the established risk management process.
- Hold employees to the standard outlined in the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Proactively develop corrective action plans to mitigate high risk hazards to an acceptable level.
- Promote a culture that allows employees to integrate our safety management program in their daily work environment.
- Encourage employee involvement in safety programs.
- Reward those who advance our safety culture.
- Never compromise safety standards for the sake of timeliness.
- Post results of safety achievements to employees and the public alike.
- Thoroughly audit and assess the safety implications of our aviation and commercial activities.
- Continuously advance our safety objectives.